El Encanto, A Belmond Hotel, has been meticulously restored to capture all the romance and glamour that endeared it to both the local Santa Barbara community and visitors alike. Ninety-two quintessential, California-styled suites and bungalows dot the lush, terraced grounds featuring seven-acres of gloriously landscaped gardens with sweeping views of Santa Barbara and the Pacific Ocean. Original architectural features have been lovingly restored, including the historic, trellis-lined Arbor and Lily Pond. Modern additions to the expansive outdoor zero-edge pool and a new beautifully appointed boutique spa enhance the journey for today’s luxury-seeking guest.
We are seeking a dynamic Housekeeping Supervisor to efficiently and accurately inspect guest rooms and public areas, and respond promptly to guest requests.
Specifically, this individual will conduct room inspections in accordance with LQA, Forbes and set standards.
- Carpet and wood floors free of spots, stains and dust. Vacuumed and mopped.
- Bathroom floor, sink, toilet and shower free of hair; no soap scum in soap dish and/or on shower walls.
- Mirrors cleaned and smear free.
- All brass and chrome shiny and free of spots.
- Shower door clean and fresh.
- Ice bucket and glasses clean and spot free.
- Full set of amenities and terry at par and folded properly.
- Closet doors, shelves and drawers dusted, hanger bar clean and in proper working order.
- Luggage racks folded and leaning on wall.
- Vents in room and bathroom clean and in working order.
- A/C and heater in “off” position.
- Walls clean and free of stains.
- Armoire and nightstands dusted, drawers free of hair.
- Proper par for stationery folder.
- Tops and bottoms of pictures and mirrors dusted.
- TV dusted and in working order (test remote control).
- Tables and chairs dusted, clean and in good condition.
- Lamps and light bulbs dusted, clean and in working order, proper wattage of light bulbs.
- Windows and window sills clean, shutters clean and in proper working condition.
- Sofas, love seats and couches clean and well maintained.
- Bedspread and bed linen / skirts clean, free of stains or tears, pillows flush with bed frame, correct size of pillows.
- No debris under bed.
- Ashtrays clean and matches in proper location. (This is a smoke free property; only when instructed by management.)
- Robes placed in all rooms.
- Telephone cleaned and working.
- Magazines, books and promotional literature for the current month.
- Prepares VIP and Show rooms.
- Reviews Room Attendant’s list of completed rooms.
- Enforces hotel and departmental policies and procedures.
- Makes sure the linen closets and amenity closets are organize during and after the shift.
- Patios are clean.
- Reporting and follow-up on maintenance and malfunctioning equipment. Keeps accurate maintenance information on log book.
Requires an Associates Degree from a two year college; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardizations.
In accordance with applicable law, El Encanto requires new hires to be vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine. If hired, you will be required to provide proof that you have received the Johnson & Johnson vaccine or both doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines prior to your first day of employment and are able to begin work and perform the essential functions of your job as of your first date of employment. Proof of vaccination may consist of (1) a vaccine card, (2) a picture of the vaccine card, or (3) other document from a healthcare provider indicating vaccination status. Reasonable accommodations may be considered on a case by case basis.
El Encanto offers a full array of benefits, including medical, dental and vision coverage. In addition, the company pays for basic life and AD&D as well as short term disability. Team members can choose additional coverage to include voluntary life/AD&D, spouse life/AD&D, dependent life, critical care, hospital indemnity, accident and flexible spending.
The Company offers paid time off, sick pay, a 401(k) program with Company matching, and an employee assistance program. Team members enjoy free cafeteria meals and discounts on food and beverage, spa treatments, and retail boutique items.
The Discovering Belmond program offers complimentary accommodation for team members while on leisure travel outside their region at any Belmond hotel and resort. It also offers food and beverage at a discounted rate. In addition to the complimentary offerings, discounted rates are available for safaris, trains and cruises.
Job Status: Full-Time