El Encanto, A Belmond Hotel, has been meticulously restored to capture all the romance and glamour that endeared it to both the local Santa Barbara community and visitors alike. Ninety-two quintessential, California-styled suites and bungalows dot the lush, terraced grounds featuring seven-acres of gloriously landscaped gardens with sweeping views of Santa Barbara and the Pacific Ocean. Original architectural features have been lovingly restored, including the historic, trellis-lined Arbor and Lily Pond. Modern additions to the expansive outdoor zero-edge pool and a new beautifully appointed boutique spa enhance the journey for today’s luxury-seeking guest.
We are seeking a Spa Attendant who will report to our Director of Housekeeping to be responsible for keeping the lounge areas, locker rooms, retail and storage areas neat, clean and stocked with all amenities and supplies. The cleanliness of the entire spa depends on the spa attendants, the spa must be cleaned to hospital grade sanitation.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be on time for your shift.
- Follow the checklists for opening and closing cleaning shifts.
- Maintain a safe, clean and well-organized spa environment through consistent monitoring of the locker, facility and retail area.
- Mop lockeroom floors, wipe down showers, wipe down sinks, scrub toilets as needed and collect all the dirty towels and robes from lockerooms.
- Mop the fitness center, wipe down equipment and keep both bathrooms clean and well stocked with all the necessary amenities.
- Mop the boutique floor, vacuum the area in front of the spa and sweep the spa patio as needed
- Keep the spa lounge area free of debris and organized
- Stock laundry, locker room and treatment room supplies and amenities and maintain accurate supply lists and inventory sheets.
- Continuous laundry collection, removal and replacement.
- Maintain eye contact when addressing external and internal guests.
- Handle guests’ questions and concerns professionally and courteously.
- Provide accurate, appropriate and immediate responses to all requests by guests, ensuring complete guest satisfaction.
- Develop ability to work without constant direct supervision and remain at assigned post for extended periods of time.
- Maintain a positive attitude and contribute toward a quality work environment.
- Be aware of any maintenance issues in the spa areas and report to management when an issue requires attention.
- Regularly attend, participate in and support training and staff meetings for the spa.
- Assist in all areas of spa operation as requested by management.
- Communicate to management any and all occurrences involving staff or guests in the spa that require attention.
- Be responsible for the daily cleaning of all areas of the spa building, as directed by management.
- Retrieve products delivered to purchasing when delivery is urgent.
- Collect fruit and water from the kitchen for guest areas.
- Make tea for guest areas.
- Use utilities and resources in a responsible manner to control wastage.
- Communicate relevant information to the department, your line manager and across departments, as appropriate.
- Comply with safe working practices, Health and Safety policy and ensure accidents/defects are reported immediately.
- Attend learning and development courses and complete eLearning modules, as required.
- Demonstrate and be a role model of Belmond’s core values of Care, Confidence, Curiosity and Community.
- (All highlighted in green should be added)
- Counting all the linen that would be sent out of the hotel from the rooms, spa and food and beverage.
- Make sure that all the counted linen is sorted and properly documented and tuned into housekeeping
- Minimum of High School Degree.
- Knowledge of Spa and Spa concept. Ability to count sheets and towels for pars, room stocking and laundry service
- Excellent communication and listening skills. Must be fluent in the English language. Ability to read and interpret equipment manuals. Ability to communicate effectively with the guest in English. Ability to completely understand the demands and requests of the guests.
- Ability to be efficient and productive in a fast-paced environment. Must have enthusiasm. Enjoy working with people and possess a friendly and outgoing personality. Must be a team player. Must be alert and quick reasoning. Ability to interpret instructions and guidelines set by the hotel’s policy and procedures
- Ability to lift 30-50 pounds.
- Prefer previous customer service laundry experience.
In accordance with applicable law, El Encanto requires all new hires to be vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine. If hired, you will be required to provide proof that you have received the Johnson & Johnson vaccine or both doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines prior to your first day of employment and are able to begin work and perform the essential functions of your job as of your first date of employment. Proof of vaccination may consist of (1) a vaccine card, (2) a picture of the vaccine card, or (3) other document from a healthcare provider indicating vaccination status.
Reasonable accommodations may be considered on a case by case basis.
El Encanto offers a full array of benefits, including medical, dental and vision coverage. In addition, the company pays for basic life and AD&D as well as short term disability. Team members can choose additional coverage to include voluntary life/AD&D, spouse life/AD&D, dependent life, critical care, hospital indemnity, accident and flexible spending.
The Company offers paid time off, sick pay, a 401(k) program with Company matching, and an employee assistance program. Team members enjoy free cafeteria meals and discounts on food and beverage, spa treatments, and retail boutique items.
The Discovering Belmond program offers complimentary accommodation for team members while on leisure travel outside their region at any Belmond hotel and resort. It also offers food and beverage at a discounted rate. In addition to the complimentary offerings, discounted rates are available for safaris, trains and cruises.
Job Status: Full-Time