Please subrmit resume, cover letter and writing sample:
JOB TITLE Grants and Development Coordinator
Reports to: Senior Development Manager
Hours: 40 hrs Monday – Friday, occasional weekends/after hour events
Non-Exempt, Full Benefits, Santa Barbara County, possibility for remote/hybrid
The grants and development coordinator has responsibilities related to organizational fundraising, primarily writing grants for a portfolio of foundation donors, managing events and supporting the development department as needed. The Grants and Development Coordinator is an integral part of a countywide Development Department.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Write powerful and effective grants and cultivate, solicit, steward and track a portfolio of 100+ foundations and other contacts in order to increase giving.
- Manage Empty Bowls Santa Barbara to realize fundraising targets.
- Follow established fundraising event production timelines; procure all necessary event contracts/vendors and event needs following expenditure budgets; oversee on-site logistics including vendor, sponsor, volunteer and guest needs; oversight of Volunteer Event Committees.
- Manage merch program including coordination with third party fulfillment vendor.
- Assist with other fundraising events as needed.
- Ensure brand alignment and consistency across a variety of content.
- Assist CEO in communications with Board of Trustees, including keeping minutes and other information related to Trustee meetings.
- Conceive, plan and execute a variety of special projects.
- Provide departmental support and other duties as assigned or delegated.
- Track all fundraising activities in Salesforce.
- Effectively communicate the organization’s vision and values while representing the organization in a professional manner at outreach events.
- Graduation from a 4 year college or equivalent experience
- 2 years of grant writing experience, or equivalent experience
- Experience in graphic design a plus
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to meet deadlines while managing a multitude of tasks
- Proficient in written and verbal communication skills, including comfort with making presentations
- Ability to work in a team and various departments in an organization; Interact with diplomacy, professionalism and tact amid influential donors and diverse groups
- Knowledge of fundraising profession and best practices with demonstrated track-record of meeting financial goals
- Proficient in the Microsoft Suite software and familiarity with Constituent Relationship Management software
- General tech savvy, able to learn online platforms quickly
Job Status: Full-Time